Military and Schools
- 1. Describe characteristics of military-connected families and military-connected students.
2. Understand the challenges military-connected students face.
3. Differentiate among the military Services.
4. Distinguish between the Active Duty and the Guard / Reserve Components.
5. Understand different types of military, work-related parental absences that have an impact on military-connected students.
6. Identify resources to support military-connected students and families.
- Military-Connected Students (Purple Star Schools)
- Military and Schools
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Psychologists
- Grade Level:
- (3-5) Upper Elementary
- (6-8) Middle
- (9-12) High
- (K-2) Lower Elementary
- Tier 1 (preventative)
- Tier 2 (targeted)
- Tier 3 (intensive)
- Open Module