Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children
1. Describe the children of military families who are eligible for protection under the Compact.
2. Understand the need for legal support in the military-connected student transitions.
3. Recognize and apply the legal requirements schools must consider to support a child of a military family transitioning due to military orders.
4. Recognize and apply the legal requirements to unique cases such as special education services and state-specific legislation.
5. Contact the appropriate military-connected and non-military resources for support.
- Military-Connected Students (Purple Star Schools)
- Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Psychologists
- Grade Level:
- (3-5) Upper Elementary
- (6-8) Middle
- (9-12) High
- (K-2) Lower Elementary
- Tier 1 (preventative)
- Tier 2 (targeted)
- Tier 3 (intensive)